Wednesday, January 28, 2009

THE FOUNDER


Founder Background

I am Pastor Jacob Khumalo from a small village called Vukuzakhe (meaning build yourself) I struggle in life, growing up without the help of my parents. Life was very hard for me and then I started to work in a very young age helping myself and my granny with eight children in a home. I was studying and supporting my family until I got my Junior Certificate. With my certificate I started to teach pupil in my locality, out of my Junior Certificate I created leaders that some of them are Teachers, Doctors e.t.c.
After which a farmer chased me away because I was educated and was trying to educate my less privilege brothers and sisters in my community, it was in the apartheid time and people were not allowed to be educated.

Apparently I made my way to Johannesburg were life was not promising but with the favour of the lord I was able to secure a job after 6 months of unemployment.
In the earliest 1990’s when I was transformed and received Christ as my personal savior, I was in a congregation with people from all sought of world like Brazil, Canada e.t.c. were we were able to save more souls for Christ.
As days draws closer, I realize my vision so I made my way out and tried follow up my vision and my vision was to help the poor, the needy and the orphans so I came to settle in a rural area in KZN called Dambuza were I planted a church called G.I.M.R.F (Grace International Ministry For Revival of Faith) I started his ministering with just a few community members, after consulting with local leadership and his ministry leaders I saw the need to open a help center for community members to turn to in times of need. G.I.M.R.F help center was than officially and legally established in 2003 as the help center for ward 22. G.I.M.R.F help center originally started of by creating a day-care center for members of the church who worked and couldn’t look after their children, eventually however the news spread and community members started leaving their children with us as well. As time went on G.I.M.R.F help center had to change its focus as a community based organization and so once again with the assistance of community leaders and members the following was established as areas of concern in ward 22:

HIV/Aids (The lack of information and education has lead to a very high rate of HIV/Aids in Dambuza, community members are still having unprotected sex due to public opinion being divided as to how and when the disease can be contracted)

Unemployment (The high rate of unemployment is further intensifying the HIV/Aids rate as youth and adults who do not work engage in unprotected sex frequently and young ladys are using their bodies as means of getting an income)


Poverty (Unemployment leads to poverty which worsens when the person gets sick due to lack of nutrition)

No comments:

Post a Comment